2009년 9월 13일 일요일

Tuesdays With Morrie




★Title: Tuesdays With Morrie

★Author: Mitch Albom

★March 20th, 2004

★vocabulary
* be intent on(~에 열중하다) : pay great attention to what you are doing
* pronounced(두드러진) : noticiable * pep(원기) : liveliness and energy
* squirm(우물쭈물하다) : move your body side to side because of nervous
* befriend(도와주다) : make friends with someone who is far from you
* intrusive(방해하는) : to disturb your mood or your life
* hawk(돌아다니며 팔다) : sell them by walking on the streets
* stillborn(사산의) : a baby is dead when it is born
* squint(실눈으로 보다) : look at it with your eyes partly closed
* fret(애태우다) : make you worry about it
* levitate(공중부양시키다) : appear to rise and float in the air without help
* revel in(즐기다) ; enjoy in something very much
* prop(떠받치다) : support it by putting something underneath it
* snatch(낚아채다) : take it or put it away quickly
* deplete(고갈되다) : a sock or amount of something means to reduce it
* anyhow(어쨌든) : the same as anyway

"Tuesdays With Morrie", the title of this book was very impressive. I was curios about who Morrie is. Morrie, who is a main character of this book is an attractive person. He is a Social Psychology professor for Mitch(a writer) and other students but he became one of my professor after I read this. The meaning of the title says the contents. Mitch and Morrie have regular meetings on every Tuesdays since they have met each other again. Actually the meetings are valuable because Morrie is seized with the Lou Gehrig's disease. Stories between them are absolutely honest because Morrie is in a tough situation. Though Morrie's body is getting stiff, he still gives a lecture to many people. Morrie has surely wide knowledge not only in his major- Social Psychology but also in the way of life. Thus, there were a large number of things that I should learn from Morrie.
First of all, the most important thing to make Morrie a respectful
person is the ''positive mind", I think. I saw that Morrie feels hardness to accept his development in Lou Gehrig's. Nobody will happy with his death sentence. But the change in Morrie's mind was surprising. He spent only few days to control his distress mind. Although his foot, legs, hands, arms were becoming useless he thought the death and becoming useless are certainly different. Then he decided to spend his last year more specially. To meet Mitch and has a talk with him is one of the way to live specially. And finally that meetings made this great book. His death looked like peaceful, stable and kind of happy. This is all the result of Morrie's positive mind. I think I should be positive in everything to smile at the and of my life, just like Morrie.
Also Morrie's ideas were awful. First, the living funeral was a great idea. It could be thought as a kidding, but it is effective to think back to the past days. If I have my living funeral there will be much refuse. After that kind of ceremony, I will try to live diligently. While I'm regreting, other people will also think who was I to them. Not only for me but also for my people, the living funeral will be a valuable time. Second, his agreement to interview the TV show was unexpected. Most people never like to show there bad face especially the progress of there death. Maybe Morrie wanted to share his emotion and give others a hope. With this interview, his death became more worthful. At last, the making of this book is one of his ideas, too. Mitch, the writer said this book is the last thesis with Morrie. This is a thesis of 'the way of life' , because Morrie's words are the most part of this book. The best mark of Morrie for me was that-Do kinds of things that come from the heart. This seems like the key of Morrie's happy life.
Morrie gave his knowledge to students in his lifetime and he gave a hope to others at the end of his life. Being a useful person in our sociaty is very tough, but with the peaceful mind it will be a little bit easier. Thanks to Morrie and the writer Mitch to let me know that peace.

댓글 2개:

  1. Hello~! Hyunji~!!
    I'm Ye eun♥♥
    Am I the first person leaving comment on your blog??!?!?!! It's very nice!kk
    I read your book report and I found that you are very honest and your book reflection is very easy to read.
    I agree with your thought and
    PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG~!!!! & LEAVE ME A COMMENT

    Then, Bye bye~!!!!!!

    답글삭제
  2. I am the second person leaving coometn. I could have been fater...--; But stop thinking competition since it makes me unsatisfied with everything...
    You got 10 points for your blog management assignment. 10 Points mean "Excellent". You are a good student always.

    답글삭제